Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tom Sage visited Scotty in NY - here's his story




Most of you know member Scotty McLaughlin our famous Model A'er author.
I had the privilege of a 2 day visit with him and Brigid in mid July.
I was on a ride through New York state on my Harley and took him up on his offer to stop by his place in the Adirondack mountains.
Now when they say they live in the mountains, they really mean it.
The driveway up to their cabin is almost straight up for over 3/4 of a mile.
Their home is a beautiful log cabin in the center of 350 acres, as in the whole mountain top,with an breathtaking view of Lake George. I can see why they love it there.
Scotties Model A stable consists of his 29 fourdoor that he drove there from Astor,a nice 31 Pickup and a AA dump truck.
I just missed by 1 day being there to help celebrate his 80th birthday, but they did save me a leftover lobster.